I found this on Facebook, it was shared among the friends I have and I thought I could share it with you - for fun and even for learning. It is written by a person who is 90 years, it is said. It is never to late and I know that I have some things of these 42 that I should work on a little bit more. So, enjoy your reading.
"42 things I learned in life"
1. Life is not fair but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short, enjoy it.
4. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will do it.
5. Pay off your credit card debt each month.
6. You do not have to win every argument. Remain true to yourself.
7. Weep with someone, it's more healing than crying alone.
8. Start saving for your retirement when you get your first paycheck.
9. As for chocolate, so it is stupid to try to resist.
10. Make peace with your past so it does not destroy your future.
11. It's okay that your children see you cry.
12. Do not compare your life with others. You have no idea what their life's journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you should not be a part of it.
14. Take a deep breath, it gets your mind to relax.
15. Get rid of anything that you do not use. Unnecessary material possessions weigh you down in many ways.
16. Anything that does not kill you makes you stronger.
17. It is never too late to be happy but it is up to you, nobody else.
18. When it comes to chasing what you love in life, never accept a no.
19. Light the nice candles, use your finest sheets, wear your finest lingerie. Do not save them for a special occasion. Every day is special.
20. Prepare for a lot of things. Then follow the stream.
21. Be eccentric now. Do not wait until you are old enough to wear purple.
22. The most important sex organ is the brain.
23. Only you control your happiness.
24. Set the music to every so-called drama in your life with these words, "Does this really matter in 5 years?".
25. Always choose life.
26. Always say sorry, but never forget.
27. What others think about you, you have nothing to do with.
28. Time heals almost all wounds. Give time the time to do it.
29. How good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Do not take yourself too seriously. No one else does.
31. Believe in miracles.
32. Reviewing is not living. Simply make the best of it right now.
33. Getting old beats the alternative - dying young.
34. Your children get only one childhood.
35. The only thing that really matters in the end, is that you loved.
36. Make sure to be outdoors every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
37. If we threw all our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's problems, we would quickly take our own back.
38. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need.
39. The best things in life have not happened to you yet.
40. Regardless of how you feel - Dress up and show up.
42. Life does not have a bow around it, but it's still a gift.
I should put a little extra time for number 30 and 40. Remember my mother in law's words once, when she asked me to get ready, dress up and go, even if I felt sluggish. Will be much better then. There is enough truth in those words. And 10. No need to dwell on the past. Learn from what happened, proceed with that lesson of life. But most important of all.
You can only do your best!